I know what you’re thinking…. it’s been awhile since I’ve posted a thirsty Thursday recipe.
What on earth have you been drinking in my absence?
I’ve been drinking boring things, like beer. Hey, it’s football season and I found a brewery down the street. <—Uh oh.
But it’s also holiday season and that means fun recipes to share with families and friends! Love this time of year! That’s why I had to get out of my Saturday beer rut and kick back on Thursday with some festive cranberries.
Then goes in the ice and top ‘er off with club soda.
So next time you’re feeling overworked, stressed, wigged out, take 10 minutes and make yourself one of these. The taste will give you all the satisfaction you need!
cranberry honey mint cocktail inspired by this recipe from bonappetit.com
cranberry syrup makes 4 servings
1 c. frozen cranberries
1/2 c. water
1 heaping spoon of honey (or you can use ~2 Tbsp sugar)
For each drink:
8 mint leaves
1/4 orange, sliced
2 Tbsp cranberry syrup
1 1/2 ounces gin
1. For the syrup, just bring everything to a bubble and reduce heat to medium low for 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. (you can put this in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process.)
2. Muddle the mint and orange slices together until you’ve squeezed all the juice out of the oranges, about 30 seconds.
3. Add the cranberry syrup, and gin, let this sit for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add ice and top it off with club soda.
5. Mix by pouring into another cup and back again.
Serve cold. Enjoy!
- Thirsty Thursday: The Best Strawberry Mojitos (thetalkingkitchen.com)
- Thirsty Thursday: Crisp Citrus Cooler (thetalkingkitchen.com)
- Thirsty Thursdays: Yellow Watermelon Spritzer (thetalkingkitchen.com)
- Thirsty Thursday: Summer Sangria (thetalkingkitchen.com)