I swear I don’t mean to follow meatless Monday with meatfull Tuesday, but with last week’s carnitas and this week’s bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, I might be sending you subliminal messages. (jk I promise I don’t even know how to do that.)
I tried cutting bacon out of my diet completely, it not being Kosher and all, but I just couldn’t. Not all the way. Not yet.
So, in celebration of this awesomely rad brussels sprout branch I proudly carried around in my grocery cart all Sunday afternoon, and in honor of NOT GIVING UP bacon… I bring you these cute little blanketed babies.
Just hide it in bacon! Problem solved.
So in love, I asked the waiter
where I can get my fix if they sold any and, lo and behold, they did. In a cool bottle too!
If you aren’t in the Long Beach area and can’t get your hands on this, I’m super sorry, but here’s another really good mustard sauce recipe for dunking these crisp cabbage balls.
Or come by. Let’s have lunch. At Beachwood BBQ!
Did I mention it’s a Brewery?
bacon blanketed brussels sprouts
24 brussels sprouts
12 pieces applewood smoked bacon, cut in half
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wrap each brussels sprout with half a piece of bacon, fasten with toothpick. (optional: I also just wrapped the bacon in itself, this worked well too.) Place wrapped brussels sprouts on baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until desired crispness and brussels sprouts are tender.
- roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and apples (backtoherroots.com)
- Brussel Sprouts (bodhi-bearcub.com)
- Brussels Sprouts (roslynstreetcafe.com)
- Seasonal Recipe: Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts (portlandfarmersmarket.wordpress.com)
- Blue Cheese and Potato Pizza / Brussel Sprout and Bacon Pizza (chocolateandchiles.wordpress.com)